Mechanical Engineer with Design Experience for Hardware Manufacturing Company
* Kindly do not apply if you do not reside in Texas as we are not conducting a nationwide search.
*Please include your range of salary expectations in order to be considered.
iKey, Ltd. is the world’s largest manufacturer of rugged industrial keyboards with over 30 years of consistent growth. We made a product and a profit our first year. We assemble our products in Austin, TX. We are a small company with a worldwide presence and a positive, family atmosphere.
If you have the qualifications listed below, a strong worth ethic, a desire to work in a fast-paced environment, have a positive attitude and get along well with customers, vendors, management, and work colleagues, please apply.
Responsibilities will include :
* 2D Technical and Market Drawings
* 3D Design Modeling with emphasis on manufacturability
* Assembling and evaluating prototypes
* Work closely with internal and external engineers to meet project parameters
* Work closely with vendors to review tooling design
* At least three years’ experience working in engineering within a design and manufacturing company.
* Strong knowledge of manufacturing techniques such as Plastic Injection molding, Aluminum Die Casting, and Sheet Metal work.
* Strong knowledge of material science primarily dealing with metal and plastics.
* Strong background in using Solidworks.
* Familiar with AutoCad.
* Basic knowledge in BOM management.
* Strong commitment to schedule and quality.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Positive attitude and work ethic.
* A four-year degree in mechanical engineering.
The company offers benefits which includes health insurance, paid time off in addition to paid holidays, and a matching 401 (k). Compensation is based on experience.
No recruiters or phone calls please.