Project Management Engineer
** Experienced Project Engineer in Austin, Texas**
iKey, Ltd. is a fast-paced electronics manufacturer with over 28 years of growth and experience. We created the industry of rugged peripherals. We assemble our products here in Austin, Texas and we are seeking a multi-tasking, self-motivated team player as our lead project engineer. We are a small company with a worldwide presence and a positive, family atmosphere. Almost a quarter of our employees have worked with iKey for over 10 years and almost a third of our employees have worked with us for over five years. We are on the lookout for a superstar engineer to join our team.
The project engineer must have a complete understanding of BOM management, soldering, debugging instruments and basic circuit design. We are looking for someone with a hands-on approach in order to debug current and future designs and the ability to learn new techniques.
Responsibilities will include:
- Project Management: oversee all engineering projects, manage and schedule orders with outside vendors, manage and guide engineering teams, acting liaison between internal departments, vendors and customers.
- Must have a sense of urgency and be able to effectively manage vendors in US and China.
- BOM Management: upload, release, and manage internal Bill of Materials system
- Building and evaluate first article prototypes for form, fit, and function
- Debug current product issues from customer level to vendor level
- Work with customers to resolve issues both in the field and over the phone
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5 years+ Experience in Project Management, preferably in Manufacturing
- Knowledge in BOM Management
- Strong commitment to schedule and quality
- Excellent communication skills
Lead a fast-paced engineering team that is constantly creating exciting new products!
Please submit your resume with your salary requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITER SOLICITATIONS PLEASE.