JUST AS iKEY INVENTED THE RUGGED CATEGORY FOR PERIPHERALS, WE ARE ALSO LEADING INNOVATION IN SEALED, MEDICAL KEYBOARDS
Today’s medical and healthcare facilities place a high priority on infection control and creating safe, clean environments for patients and healthcare workers. It’s a well-known fact that computer keyboards and other peripherals can present huge risks for infection, even death. All workers need to adhere to best practices for cleaning and sanitizing such equipment. Most importantly, your staff can increase compliance and prevent risk by selecting medical-grade peripherals like iKey’s that are sealed, liquid-proof, easy to clean and easy to maintain.
- Using non-sealed keyboards creates opportunities to trap dirt, pathogens and contaminants which can lead to blood-stream infections including MRSA. Patient infections leads to higher risk of death, significantly higher likelihood of hospital readmission, and 3 to 4 weeks’ additional hospital time, which leads to high costs.
- According to the CDC, healthcare-associated infections can be economically staggering for hospitals, exceeding $30B annually in the USA.
- Downtime and the high costs of patient infections can be reduced significantly with iKey’s liquid-proof, sealed keyboards. White keyboards enable users to see contaminants more easily than dark-colored keyboards.
- When you consider Total Cost of Ownership, factoring in replacement costs, downtime and labor cost involved with cleaning and disinfecting, the best choice is an iKey medical keyboard. Contact us today to request our Keyboard Cost Comparison brochure.
Note: iKey’s “spray-wipe-spray” liquid-proof medical keyboards and mice can quickly be cleaned and sanitized with the CDC’s recommended processes and disinfectant solutions – easy to clean after every use. Click here for our professionals’ tips on cleaning and maintaining medical keyboards.
iKey medical keyboards can be found in use at hospitals, dental offices, doctor clinics, hospitals, dialysis centers, labs and veterinary clinics. We have many options for sealed, liquid-proof medical keyboards including both white and dark keyboards. We stress the importance of using washable, sealed silicone keyboards over keyboard covers and keyboards that can be sanitized in a dishwasher. Keyboards need to be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after each use. A dishwasher solution is not feasible due to time. Long term, the total cost of ownership and the infection risk is significantly lower when you use a sealed iKey keyboard. We have many compact options for your office.
Industry research shows 75% of doctors use iPads or digital devices in the office – a detachable medical keyboard from iKey is the perfect complement.
Where can you purchase iKey medical keyboards?
You can order directly from iKey. Use our RFQ form, or call 512-837-0283. We can help you select the right keyboard for your office. We also have a handful of distributors including CDW.
- Small order? No problem. We can ship under 10 units just as easily as 1,000.
Benefit from iKey’s expertise
We have over 27 years of proof in the field that our solutions are hands-down reliable, perfectly designed and fail-proof. We help you avoid downtime and avoid infection. Whether you have a need for one keyboard or several hundred, iKey is your best choice for the best rugged and medical peripheral solutions. iKey keyboards, displays and other peripherals can be found at work at companies like Nestle, Ford, Lear, Siemens, Purdue Pharmaceuticals and Unilever. #1 selling medical keyboard: Our SlimKey-#SLK-102-TP-FL
Medical Keyboard Cost Comparison Brochure by iKey
“Real Customized” is the term we use to describe our capabilities to design a keyboard or full solution just for you. iKey has specific features and specs built into our medical keyboards and mice. And for further customization, you can use our experience and knowledge to build a product that is customized to your exact needs; change backlighting, size, weight, function keys and more. We build a first-class product every time and we build to order. Our in-house designers and engineers are at the top of their field. Contact us to get started on a project for you.
2. Ability to clean & disinfect easily
7. Light color
iKey offers keyboards and mice for every medical setting:
HOSPITAL & INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
OPERATING & PATIENT ROOM
AMBULANCE AND HELICOPTER
- Rechargeable, Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad and CleanLock™ Key: SBW-97-TP-P >>
- Compact Mobile Keyboard with Touchpad: SL-80-TP >>
- SkinnyBoard™ Mobile Keyboard with Touchpad Measures only 0.5" Deep: SB-87-TP >>
- AquaPoint™ Sealed Industrial Optical Mouse: DT-OM >>
- Cleanable Sealed Medical Keyboard with Touchpad: SLK-102-TP-FL >>